The late 21st century adult...

It's now 2012. How does one act? How does one live? Who are we going to listen to?

Today... in this age... this point in time is the most confusing of all generations. There's the era of Socrates and Sophocles, Alexander the Great, the era of Shakespeare, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Schumann, Beethoven, Einstein, Alexander Graham Bell, The world war, The Era of Hitler and Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley, The Era of Spielberg and Bill Gates, The Era of Obama and Steve Jobs...

And now... we are in this era of technology, globalization and random faces trying to get hold of happiness in terms of love, money, fame and power. The most prominent trend in this generation though is that this is the era of plastics and plastic surgery... who can be the most fake in the most fashionable way.

I dont want to betray my generation. I was born in 1988, I am an adult-child who is a fan and an observer of life and these are just some things that I noticed.

Life is beautiful but the chaos inside that beauty is just too tangled to untangle. With a laundry list of history to study, of pasts to review and decode we are still repeating the same mistakes that our ancestors did.

We have the luxury of time now, to enjoy the fruits of their labors but we are using them in the trashiest ways... Instead of advancing as individuals some even become total sloths no longer pushing themselves to their limits and afraid to get out of their comfort zones. There are people my age who could have had become the next MOZART or ELVIS PRESLEY or even KISS but noooo... an unknown blackhole sucked out all the energy for talent and left him/her drained and brainwashed.

What's going to happen now?

True that people are still motivated to be musicians, doctors, painters, artists, scientists, lawyers... But we are all being manipulated by our time. I may be talking about free will and freedom, a topic that's been around and debated about for ages, but it's a more complicated issue now that technology, globalization and global warming (?) are concerned.

What I am trying to say is that people can't find the balance between these two. At least my generation. Independence is a thing of the past. We are so dependent of a lot of things that there's no balance anymore, of which that we need within ourselves and thus, chaos.

I know that I am not the only one who's taken notice. Maybe musicians, writers or people who muse all the time.

But although I'm ranting this way, I know that in time my generation will find balance and make use of all these things that are happening today in the most productive ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unrequitted Love

You dont stop playing because you're old, you grow old because you stop playing.

What's the moral lesson?