X-MEN (first animation)
I am on an X-MEN high! I don't usually lean on stories where in there are more than 10 different writers involved and worse, NO CONSISTENCY IN CHARACTERS AND STORY, maybe this is what I don't like about this franchise, but but the whole idea of mutants and their predicaments were really what got me hooked. That's the only consistent thing, mutants vs mutants, mutants vs humans, mutants vs their own selves.
(X-MEN EVOLUTION)
For people, mostly teenagers nowadays, who haven't watched any X-MEN animated series, I'd recommend watching the first animation first, so that you can appreciate X-MEN evolution better.
I think I'm blessed, my generation is blessed to be born in a time where brilliant and creative minds were at work: STAN LEE, SPIELBERG, PIXAR, LUCAS, TARANTINO... many others, we were exposed to entertaining, well researched, passionately written and most importantly ORIGINALLY WRITTEN stories.
Stories being produced now might have better quality in terms of animation and CG's, heck, we have 3D's, 4D's and tomorrow, they're all holographic! But, it's a shame that some major movies/ ideas today, are just photocopies of original stories injected with a bit of contemporary materials and settings. This is just my opinion, the ideas of Homer, Shakespeare, Tolkien, to name a few, are being recycled and re-invented in a less passionate and less heartfelt manner.
and on this note, I bade adieu and til' the next update!
Oh! And I got my new driver's license and it took me only 2 hours to get it! Thank heavens (and Grisham's The Chamber for extinguishing my boredom.) Now, the only thing left to do is...
yoga!
Comments
Post a Comment