II Breaking barriers! English only please?
Ohayoo world! I say good morning since it's 1:19 am right now. Got home 2 hours ago after seeing everyone and watching a movie.
Watched a Pinoy Movie finally, after 2-3 years I forgot when I last watched a full Pinoy film but I'm happy I did again.
I love Filipino Films, I grew up watching masterpieces and really cool flicks by Pinoy Directors, but after 2000, it seemed like quality of local movies declined and almost every piece screams lack of originality/inspiration.
Okay here goes... watched 'English only please'... what?
Watched English Only Please!
I wasnt expecting much. Honestly, when I saw the message:
P1: What do you guys wanna watch
P2: English only please
Thought they were suggesting that we should watch a Western film, turned out, there was a local film by that title. kekeke. noob.
Anyhow. The film made me forget the stress today, it has sense, it was originally Filipino, the concept reminded me of My Girl but they tweaked it that it felt every bit Pinoy.
I've been having a lot of 'Willy Wonka' moments recently, whatever that meant.
Thoughts provoked by sickness... Ever since January I've been surrounded by sick people, my dad, my whole family except my mom, Edrick even got an IV (inserted by Chele! Sayang I wasnt able to take a video) then the next day she got sick, and then I heard a terrible news from my closest friend about her dad.
From those things which happened the entire Holiday Season and then the week after new year, I began to wonder...
Opportunities, Time, Skills, Youth... random realizations, but I need to act, because the bottom line from all these is that I wanted to help.
I can never be a doctor, and then there's JS' words running in my head, 'never settle- Steve Jobs', 'never be afraid to try new things, get out of your comfort zone' 'comfortable'.
One of the tagline I loved from the movie:
"The Tere I know isnt like this, Chikinini Boy is sucking the happiness out of you."
That single line alone made me think of a lot of things.
It reminded me of Dementors. The one in JK Rowling's Harry Potter. The one you need a patronous (a spell formed with your happy thought, the happier and purer, the stronger the spell) to repel.
1. We have to learn to identify Dementors/ Chikinini Boys, those people who after you interact with makes you feel drained. (I'm bad at this btw.)
2. We need to help them or stay away from them if it can't be helped.
3. Strengthen your own 'Patronous', I'm calling it Patronous since I think it's the perfect label for it.
Later today, I want to go to this thing... I want to go. Haha. I dont know, I'm startiing to talk nonsense.
Until next update!
Stay away from dementors and strengthen your patronus!
Good morning!
Watched a Pinoy Movie finally, after 2-3 years I forgot when I last watched a full Pinoy film but I'm happy I did again.
I love Filipino Films, I grew up watching masterpieces and really cool flicks by Pinoy Directors, but after 2000, it seemed like quality of local movies declined and almost every piece screams lack of originality/inspiration.
Okay here goes... watched 'English only please'... what?
Watched English Only Please!
I wasnt expecting much. Honestly, when I saw the message:
P1: What do you guys wanna watch
P2: English only please
Thought they were suggesting that we should watch a Western film, turned out, there was a local film by that title. kekeke. noob.
Anyhow. The film made me forget the stress today, it has sense, it was originally Filipino, the concept reminded me of My Girl but they tweaked it that it felt every bit Pinoy.
I've been having a lot of 'Willy Wonka' moments recently, whatever that meant.
Thoughts provoked by sickness... Ever since January I've been surrounded by sick people, my dad, my whole family except my mom, Edrick even got an IV (inserted by Chele! Sayang I wasnt able to take a video) then the next day she got sick, and then I heard a terrible news from my closest friend about her dad.
From those things which happened the entire Holiday Season and then the week after new year, I began to wonder...
Opportunities, Time, Skills, Youth... random realizations, but I need to act, because the bottom line from all these is that I wanted to help.
I can never be a doctor, and then there's JS' words running in my head, 'never settle- Steve Jobs', 'never be afraid to try new things, get out of your comfort zone' 'comfortable'.
One of the tagline I loved from the movie:
"The Tere I know isnt like this, Chikinini Boy is sucking the happiness out of you."
That single line alone made me think of a lot of things.
It reminded me of Dementors. The one in JK Rowling's Harry Potter. The one you need a patronous (a spell formed with your happy thought, the happier and purer, the stronger the spell) to repel.
1. We have to learn to identify Dementors/ Chikinini Boys, those people who after you interact with makes you feel drained. (I'm bad at this btw.)
2. We need to help them or stay away from them if it can't be helped.
3. Strengthen your own 'Patronous', I'm calling it Patronous since I think it's the perfect label for it.
Later today, I want to go to this thing... I want to go. Haha. I dont know, I'm startiing to talk nonsense.
Until next update!
Stay away from dementors and strengthen your patronus!
Good morning!

Comments
Post a Comment