Get in shape in 15 days! START!

Summer is intense here in the country, since we're situated near the ring of fire heat is intense, especially in May. It's the first day of May and I'm drained. Haven't jogged for a week, ever since I twisted my ankle and hurt my back, but seriously, I'm just lazy!
It's been two months since I've had a proper workout, two months of binging, two months of junkfood and fried food.

A brief description about myself, I'm not a self-proclaimed health buff. I deny dieting, I deny being health conscious, I deny being healthy. Denying since I was 20 when I started to watch what I eat since I learned the value of food, good food and my body.

I didn't know that I was trying to be healthy then, I just thought that my body should be at its best and should be fed right.

Seven years later, at 27, I kind of lost the point of it all but heck, this is who I am, I've always loved he food I love since I was a child, without knowing that the things I love are healthy. Living in a developing country in the tropical zone, one can't help but fall in love with fruits and veggies, because rice and meat are staple food here, that's an added bonus. I don't have to be too conscious.

But then, growing up with junk food and fast food, the line between real quality food and trash blurred but with a little research everything was set right again.

Some people look young at their age, some people look older than their actual age, some people look right at their age, but what is right?

I think that some people gets carried away by the thought that they're getting old. You only get old when you stop doing the things that make you feel young.

What makes you feel young though is the big question.
What makes you feel old?
Why are such questions important?

Stop being a hypocrite and just accept the fact that you want to look good and feel good. You want to have that free youthful feeling with you forever.

The thought that someday that feeling will go away is scary, the thought that someday you'll look in the mirror and see saggy and wrinkly skin brings horror.

I used to be that way. Back when I was 22, I read an article that said '22 is when a woman's skin is at its best'.

Because of that, I was all fired up to jog everyday, monitor my carb intake, drink tea twice a day, cut out sugar completely except for special occasions, and I succeeded and I'm surprised at my freaking discipline and self control because I'm the most out-of-control person I know, I hate sacrificing and I hate pain.

But after I turned 23, I felt lost. Not because of that article but because I was so into being fit and perfectly in control of my system that I've lost control of everything else.

Bottomline, I used to fear losing grasp of my youth because my youth represents my dreams and all I want in life and I placed too much value of youth on my physical form. Which is not entirely wrong but kind of twisted in a way.

I repented on that now but I realized that having a healthy and fir body is who I am and part of who I want to be remembered as.

I grew up with my grandfather who is a sports addict. He's a teacher and he taught me everything from kindness to respect, to fitness... I'm still working on the kindness part, but what I got from him is his physique and active nature.

Now, two months after not working out properly and eating every form of sugar, carbs and junkfood there is in as much quantity as I want, I've reflected and at 27 I can't keep this up. Seriously. I still want to do a lot of things, i haven't tried snowboarding yet!

So... to commemorate my back-to-healthy-lifestyle project, I will now do a 15-day-fruit-fast to start off.

I'm resting right now and planning to write a novel so this is the perfect time!

Tonight is the beginning!

Wish me luck!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unrequitted Love

You dont stop playing because you're old, you grow old because you stop playing.

What's the moral lesson?